Monday, April 28, 2014

Charge Me With Ignorance.

In a world as realistic as the one we're living in, it is so easy to fall into this huge abyss dug out by Ignorance. I'm pretty sure every single one of you are guilty of this crime, where anything that doesn't concern you doesn't matter. Milgram's Obedience studies were proven right over and over again, even by different people recreating his experiment. He was right. We bow down to authority figures. We are too subservient to people who hold power over us. If anything goes wrong, we play the blame game. "It's not my fault. He told me to do it." "Oh, I didn't know." "It's none of my concern." So many excuses. Neverending flow of excuses. 

In my case, I prioritized myself over this poor defenseless person. I wish I was as the moralistic asshole as I preach but things didn't go that way. My excuse? I don't have an excuse. I wish I'd have done the right thing. Everyone in this uni is so afraid of people of authority that the dare not even speak a word against what is wrong. There is so much that's going wrong with our students. How can I someday allow them to be controlling the country if they somehow happen to be ministers or whatnot, when they exhibit absolutely no empathy?

No comments:

Post a Comment