Sunday, September 15, 2013

THE Roommate

I can't believe I'm nice enough to write an entire post dedicated to my roommate. Well here's the thing : this is going to be really negative. Proceed at your own risk.  Not for the sympathetic-hearted.
Two nights ago while I was on the phone in my room ,  my roommate motioned to the door while carrying a backpack,  so I knew she wanted to go out.  I motioned back "go ahead" and then she went.  I didn't manage to ask her where she was going cos there were housemates in the living room so anyone would naturally assume she's gonna be outside studying or whatnot. When I finished exposing my ear to radiation,  I went out and the living room was empty. I didn't know where she went so I got back to my room and slept like a log. 
The next morning,  I thought I heard the roommate's alarm so okay ,  she's back. Since I didn't have any classes I stayed home all day and totally forgot about her until I came back from the library at 12am. GUESS what?  She still wasn't home. I asked my housemate and they said she messaged saying she would be out late but it's already too damn late and they messaged her again but no news.

I got so scared I couldn't even sleep last night. I had so many "what-ifs"  running through my mind. What if she was kidnapped?  What if she was raped?  What if she was KILLED and comes back and haunts me??  I was so damn paranoid I slept with the lights on.  The rationale behind this?  I was afraid she would manifest as a ghost and come back to disturb me.  When I woke up today my eyes were hurting so bad from the glare ugh stupid roommate.
Then at 9.18 sharp she walked through the door as I was eating Maggi. I interrogated her and her explanation for disappearing was cos her "friend"  didn't send her back last night. "FRIEND",  YOU SAY ? You dumb ass just say you went and slept with a guy last night cos I honestly don't give a damn. I don't give a damn about you being missing either,  I just didn't want to be dragged into your problems incase you happen to be found dead in some drain.
So do you see how nice of a roommate I am? I wake you up when you can't wake up for classes in which  you never returned me the favor. I sweep all of your nasty hair you drop all over the house. And I don't make a shitload of noises when I know you have classes late in the afternoon whereas I have classes at dawn. But you do all of the opposites.
You snooze your alarm from 7 til 8 right before your classes start. You never bothered to wake me up when I overslept. And you...  Ugh.

I can't wait to move out.

No comments:

Post a Comment