Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Not Headstrong Enough.

Well,  today is my 12th day here in Unimas. If I was a little more rebellious and stubborn I could have been funding my way through some expensive universities in KL,  but I wasn't. My dad is harder than steel but I'm only a piece of termite-infested wood.

Before I got here I really resented my dad so much for throwing me here out in nowhere. I still do,  because in this uni there is no working wifi and I don't have broadband,  only really limited mobile data that I try not to use up so fast. Well so far it's looking good,  although my first few days here were a total disaster cos my room looks like a prison cell. When I first got into my room I wanted to just lie down on the floor and cry but I realised the floor is actually really filthy as fuck so I didn't lie down,  I just cried. Don't even get me started on my roommate cos WHO SLEEPS ON A DORM MATTRESS WITHOUT AT LEAST TWO LAYERS OF BEDSHEETS or even one layer for the matter ???? We have communication issues too,  I don't speak mandarin and she doesn't speak English (why???)

Moving on to friends.  I'm so grateful making friends is not an issue for me cos so far I have quite a few friends apart from ex schoolmates.  Best thing about having friends here is wherever I go I will definitely bump into a friend or two and I  feel popular. For like a fraction of a second then I go back to feeling like a wallpaper again.  Hah. 

As for school,  I am taking modern economics and political science (and a few other boring subjects)  I mean WHY modern economics??  Gosh if I wanted economics surely I would have applied to study for economics,  right????  BUT I DIDNT,  RIGHT?!  At least my political science class is interesting and I have an edge over everyone in my class cos nobody seems to be interested in it except for me.  This could kick-start my career as a future corrupt politician,  who knows. And I'll have all your hard earned money to spend on my poodle. Yeah beat that suckers.

The weather here is really batshit crazy though,  just like me know my period except for I'm not on my period every day.  You will NEED an umbrella everywhere you go.  The sun is either burning hot or the clouds hate you and decide to pee on you randomly.  And there are plenty of black birds here too...  Not sure if Ravens or crows but they're most probably associated with black magic. Kinda creepy so I just try not to dwell on it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment