Saturday, July 13, 2013

Yes I Am An Ingrate Child

Fuck my life, I just wanna cry right now. I have finally come to the realization that tertiary education is only for the rich. Poor people don't stand a chance to study if they ain't got the money. And I happen to belong to the latter category...

I honestly frankly seriously DO NOT wanna go to UniMAS. I am an ambitious person but obviously I don't live up to my own self-expectation... I wanna study abroad. So badly. I wanna go places that my friends boast about. I wanna escape from this country that has nothing to offer. I wanna just... break free. I wish I was born in a silver spoon in my mouth because no matter how well I did in my exams etc I can't compete with those who are below than me for scholarships. Life is unfair and I should be grateful and just accept the offer.

Rm 180 000 for a 3-year journalism degree in Australia. I might as well get a RM 150 000 medical degree from Russia. At least there will never be a jobless doctor because they are always in demand and I can probably pay back the student loan in a few years not a few decades compared to a journalist's meagre salary.

All I can do is just wallow in self pity and suck it up and take the damn offer and study in Sarawak til I lose my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment