Wednesday, June 16, 2010

AFS interview

so yesterday i started making my way there from sammy's house at 7.40a.m. and i thought i was late. when i arrived, there was even more latecomers who came later than i am and i was thinking to myself, malaysians are never punctual. which reminds me that "on the way" means i still have a long way to go before i even get out of the house. :]

i practically spent the whole day being influenced to be anti-social, because most of my teammates are so quiet that i feel guilty to even breathe, in case i disrupt the silence. i was one of the last fews to be interviewed and when it came to my turn i was practically shaking non-stop. when i entered the room, i saw two not-so-friendly faces [but it wasnt too bad]. i tried to give them a good impression towards me by greeting them with a smile and asking about their day [not that i care]. i guess they can see my nervousness, but i was too nervous to relax myself. who knew that afs interview questions comprise of nonsensical questions? they were giving me a hard time by asking me questions that are beyond my control, like " what happens if you come back with an american accent?" i was like, how am i supposed to know? i mean, really, how am i supposed to know??

the worse part of the whole interview was this : they asked if i could perform any sabah/sarawakian ethnic tribe dances. they dont expect me to know it, do they? i will have to pick that up sooner if i even get to go, but not during the interview! EPIIIC FAAAIL

i guess there's not much chances of me being picked for the second interview but deep inside me there is still that small flicker of hope. after the whole thing one of the interviewer came up to me and complimented my english. i guess its the only plus point that i have.

i cant wait for august! i dont care if i dont get it, i just want to know the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment